If you are reading this, then you are most definitely attempting to gather some information on how to Brand yourself. I’ll try and keep it simple because I don’t want you to lose your creativity. Time to stimulate your personal pondering abilities.
Before we get into the creation of a brand, ask yourself these following questions:
- Who are you? What are you attempting to portray?
- Who’s your audience? What are they attracted to?
- What’s your mission? What’s your vision?
- Are you flexible with your notions? In other words, are you willing to make subtle changes along the lifespan of your living ideas?
- Is your notion for a brand adaptable? Can it be used across all of your ideas?
- Do you feel passionate about your idea? Are you willing to keep going even when you feel like giving up? Are you consistent?
Branding is no joke! It may come as second nature to some, while being a challenge to others. Here are the initial steps (very high level):
- Create an image that represents your brand. Sketch, sketch, sketch! You might come up with 10 different brands and that’s good. The more you have to work with, the more unique your brand will be.
- Sleep it off. Look at what you worked on and choose the one that stands out to you. If multiple images stand out to you, fuse some of the images together.
- Add verbal meaning to each of the components while also keeping your vision/mission in mind.
- A brand will evolve over years of exposure; so don’t worry if it isn’t the best now. The key is to believe in what you’ve created.
- Use it everywhere!!! It will catch on eventually.
Brands can be anything from an image, words, or your face. The concept of using a brand is to promote CONSISTENCY. That is your trademark!
- USE IT EVERYWHERE
My goal here isn’t to tell you what to do; I just wanted to point you in a creative direction. There are plenty of different methods to creating a brand!! Hope this helped!!
- Julio Caezar