Everyone has to make a living, somehow, right?
Well, I do more that just make a living. I attempt to live my dreams day in and day out. Making dreams a reality isn't easy though ... and I can tell you that from experience. You'll constantly face adversity and the best way to face those situations is with a huge grin that exudes positivity and perseverance!!
Not only that, distractions will also come from every direction … from the closest people in your life to the strangest of strangers. haha.
My daily goal is to make the PAST ME proud of the FUTURE ME. Sounds a bit odd but it's true. Little me, in the past, has someone to look forward to becoming, while present me is continuously working on exceeding expectations. There is no limit to what you can become in life. The only limit is you.
I don't want to hear anything regarding this or that. No matter what adversity or obstacle you face, you have to persevere. Face that shyt head on and evolve. That's up to you and you alone. We all have our battles and even though most of them differ in nature, these are the battles we alone have to face.
...and hey, if you don't want to put in the work ... to each their own.
Here are a couple of things I do to keep on top of my game.
- I wake up at 4am now and I don’t need an alarm for it. Literally one of the best habits I've picked up. Reason being, I get to work on my work before I give my time to anyone else. My creativity is at it's max potential and if it isn't, I can push it as far as I want during the wee hours of the morning. Everyone else is sleeping and I'm pushing ahead of the curb.
- I work out. I'm sexy and I know it!! hehe That's a reference to the song by LMFAO but it's true. Working out before you go out into the world gives you the boost you need to stay strong and beat the rest of your day up like an old elementary school bully. LOL Not just that, your body will thank you as your skin begins to glow and metabolism kicks into high gear.
- I drink lots of water and eat small meals throughout the day. By doing so, my body is always cleansing itself and my metabolism is continuously kicking into high gear like a well oiled machine. My immune system is already pretty darn amazing, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't take care of the temple that drives my income on a daily basis. Trust me, I have my drinks at social events when I can, but I stick to one drink and just that. No sugars. Not about that life. That creates excess fat that you really don't need.
- I surround myself with spectacular people. Whether working on our dreams or simply socializing for a moment outside of work with the dopest of vibes, I embrace the notion of having great company around me. Near and far. I know people all over the world and our friendships don't falter. We understand that we can pick up where we left off. We're only a phone call or a text away. Social media is also a great way to keep everyone in constant communication. A like is equivalent to "I see you broooo/love" and a comment is close to a quick text haha; a DM (direct message) is a conversation in itself. DMs have this negative connotation when in reality they are actually a useful tool for people to get things done.
- Consistency. Make a plan and stick to it. A great friend and bro once told me, consistency is key when even considering success. It's not about doing something great once; it's about being able to do that great thing … over and over again.
Alright, there's more where that came from but I can write a book about this stuff. For now, I'll leave you with this glimpse into my brain's daily activity and you can choose to apply some of it to your daily routine, or not.
Either way, I'm glad I can share it with you. It's always nice seeing successful people, but it's even better when you see your peers succeeding before your very eyes, right along with you.
Kudos to my hustlers out there! I appreciate you. Let's win at this game we call life, together (it is a game after all).
Signing out ...
- Julio Caezar